When we open a report (Bug rate) from one of our TFS 2012 server, we have observed that the data is not getting updated till date and is showing the data till June only. Data warehouse update date pointing to a past date in June.
Start with verifying the status of Analysis database and warehouse processes.
1. Open the “WarehouseControl Services” from TFS Server.
2. Select “BringAnalysisProcessingOnline” method and Invoke.
3. Once we receive the started information, select the “ProcessAnalysisDatabase” method and invoke with processingtype as “Full”
4. Now, verify the status of the running jobs using “GetprocessingStatus” and passing True to includeOnlineHostsOnly.
This shown the following error message against the last run of “Full Analysis Database Sync” job
TF221122: An error occurred running job Full Analysis Database Sync for team project collection or Team Foundation server TEAM FOUNDATION. —> Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse.WarehouseException: Failed to Process Analysis Database ‘Tfs_Analysis’. —> Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse.WarehouseException: Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully. Server: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed. Errors in the high-level relational engine. The following exception occurred while the managed IDbConnection interface was being used: . Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of ‘Tfs_AnalysisDataSource’, Name of ‘Tfs_AnalysisDataSource’.
5. This indicate that there is some error in analysis service configuration. Moved to Analysis services and changed the service configuration to use “Local System” instead of the domain account
6. Restart the Analysis Service
7. Repeated the steps 1, 2 and 3. Now observed that the current run of “Full Analysis Database Sync” job is in Running status.
8. Wait for few minutes to complete the process of Analysis Services.
9. You can update the Warehouse using the “BringWarehouseProcessingOnline” and “ProcessWarehouse” methods.
10. Once it is completed, verify the reports. Working fine 🙂