One of the project team upgraded the source control to TFS 2012. This team is having applications targeting .Net 2.0 and using Visual Studio 2005 for development. Now the requirement is to connect VS 2005 to TFS 2012. We have followed the following steps to accomplish the same.
Source Control: TFS 2012
Development Tool: Visual Studio 2005
- Install Team Explorer 2012 in development environment
2. Install MSSCCI Provider for Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 MSSCCI Provider from http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/b5b5053e-af34-4fa3-9098-aaa3f3f007cd
3. Open Visual Studio 2005 and set the source Control Plug-in.
Tools-> Options -> Source Control -> Plug-in Selection
Select Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider as the Current source control plug-in
4. Open Visual Studio and select File-> Source Control-> Launch Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider. This will open the Team Explorer 2012. Connect to the TFS 2012 and map the required folder to local folder to get latest version.
5. Once the latest version is available open the VS 2005 and select File->Source Control-> Open from Source Control. Instead of that we can directly open the solution from the local folder.
6. Observe the solution is opened in VS 2005 with Check-in and Check-out options and source control binding.