We faced an issue with SQL server login recently. The user is an Administrator in the SQL Server box, but don’t have access to the SQL Server. The user who have access to the SQL got disabled. How the Administrator can add a new user or himself in SQL Server?
We followed the following steps to add the new user without SQL login
1. Stop the SQL Server service.
2. Run the SQL Server service in single mode using [default instance]
“C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe” -c -m
3. Start the management studio and Connect to the instance.
4. Add the user login in Security
5. Stop the SQL Service again and re-start it.