Web Performance Test Using Visual Studio – Part II

Load test is used for performing load test on an application. It simulates multiple users as virtual users and executes the test scripts to simulate the real user load on different servers like Application Server, Database server and Web server. Load test can be used with any of the test scripts.

For more details, please refer http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article951-web-performance-test-using-visual-studio–part-ii-.aspx

Advertisements

About ambilykk

I am a Technology Evangelist on Microsoft Technologies. I am carrying the passion on Microsoft technologies specifically on web technologies such as ASP .Net and Ajax. My interests also include Azure and Visual Studio. Technology adoption and learning is my key strength and technology sharing is my passion.
This entry was posted in Load Test, performance Test. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Web Performance Test Using Visual Studio – Part II

1. timevilla says:

Hi,

You are writting such a good article.
    I am waiting for you another article.

• SaiVeeresh says:

Hi,
      The article was very good, we can able to access part 1 and part 2 but we are unable to access part 3, could you please send me the right link for part 3.
      will vsts2010 support silverlight 4.0 ?
      can we see the web browser snapshots for silverlight 4.0 applications. pls let me know

• ambilykk says:

Hi

I am preparing the Part III. It is not yet published.
        Regarding Silverlight, VSTS 2010 will capture the silverlight application urls and we can use it for silverlight performance test.

Regards
        Ambily

2. Hi,
    Could you tell me how to operate Web test on Silverlight RIA / WCF binary?

I struggled finding a proper load testing tool for Silverlight 4
    {some people might argue that there is no need to test RIA, but I want to load test the WCF that my Silverlight apps is interracting with} :

So far, my findings are based on free tools: Fiddler2 + stresstimulus

• ambilykk says:

Hi

Yoy can use the Visual Studio for load testing Silverlight or WCF applications.
      For Silverlight applications, you can use the web performance test for capturing the navigations.
      For WCF applications, you may eed to go for custom test scripts to call each WCF method and test it.

Regards
      Ambily

3. suresh says:

can u have any document that will give idea about how to perform performance and load test through vistual studio ultimate 2010 i am basically have knowledge in performance testing.it would be helpful if u will provide that document to me my mail suresh1.dvm@gmail.com

4. swapnanil sengupta says:

Dear Madam,
    Thanks for running this blog and helping us.
    I an swapnanil, I am currently doing load testing using vsts2012. Our application server & database server is running in Amazon Cloud. I am Not able to collect performance counter data from App server & Database server. Can you please give me any idea how can i get performance counter data from server machines which are running in another domain like amazon cloud servers.
    My email id is : swapnanil.jgec@gmail.com

Note: Contgroller/VSTS/Agents are in the same domain but DB & App servers are in other domain.

Thanking You,