Performance of an application is very important for a multi-user application. Performance is not only the speed of execution; it includes the load and concurrency aspects. Performance Test is an answer for the following questions
- How can we ensure that our new application will support the expected user load?
- How to avoid the issues which will arise only in real load conditions?
- How to find the response time?
- How to plan the capacity of the servers?
Visual Studio is one of the tools used for Performance Test. Visual Studio Test edition or Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate provides the support for test automation.
This will be the first part of a series of articles.
- Part I: Web Test and Customization
- Part II: Load Test, RIG and Load test terminologies.
- Part III: Performance Counters, Load Test Result Analysis.
For more details, refer my article at